Thursday, March 21, 2013

Suspense Fiction Review

Truth Stained Lies by Terri Blackstock is the first book in the "Moonlighters" series. I loved the characters, and the plot was really good! Plus, I love a good mystery. :-)

Cathy Cramer used to be a lawyer, but after her fiance died she started a blog about homicides. Her goal is to be the voice for the innocents and not let a murderer of the hook like her fiance's killer was. After a day in court, Cathy found a threatening note left on her car. She wasn't too worried about it until her sister-in-law was murdered and her brother, Jay, is the suspect! His story is so ludricous that nobody believes him. Nobody but his sisters that is. Juliet, Cathy, and Holly are determined to prove his innocence, and they enlist the help of former police officer, Michael Hogan.

The story takes a new turn when Jay's five year old son gets deathly ill. Who is behind all this? Can they stop him before he hurts someone else?

It was easy to figure out who did it, but the why took a little longer for me. I definitely can't wait to hear about the sisters in the next books! I hate it and love it when a book ends when you want to know what will help next. It takes a good writer to know when to end a book where you are both satisfied and unsatisfied at the same time. LOL

I like that it was shorter than most suspense books. It's nice to have a quick read sometimes!

I was given this book free from Booksneeze as long as I review it.

No comments: