Friday, February 22, 2013

Children's Book Review

A New Home for Lily is written by Suzanne Woods Fisher and Mary Ann Kinsinger. It's the second book in the "Adventures of Lily Lapp" series. I don't think I would have liked to read this book as a child. There wouldn't have been enough dialogue and interesting stories for me. When I was a little over halfway through the book, I finally found it interesting. If as a child I had made it that far, I would have begun to like it. But it was too much like nonfiction for me especially when I go in expecting fiction. It was really well written, though. A child could understand it and an adult can find it interesting. It doesn't read like a children's book, though.

Lily Lapp doesn't like her new home. The house is an ugly color, and she doesn't even have a proper bedroom! And she has to go to a real school again. She's not sure how that will go... The neighbor boys walk with Lily and her brother, Joseph, to school and the youngest boy, Aaron Yoder, is mean to her.

The book chronicles Lily's life in second and third grade. It talks about all the differences from one Amish district to another, and her adventures in a new place.

I just found this book incredibly boring.

I was given this book free as long as I review it.

No comments: