Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fantasy Fiction Review

A Cast of Stones by Patrick W. Carr is the first in "The Staff and the Sword" trilogy. I'm always looking for new Christian fantasy so I when saw this I had to read it! I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I ended up loving it!!! I couldn't believe how good this book was! If you are a fantasy lover, you have to get this book. I was so impressed with how he wrote it. I wasn't bored at all throughout the whole book. Incredible story! You know how fantasyh as the usual storyline? This book is so different in how it portrays the story. I still am not sure what is going to happen! I need to read the sequel now!! How am I going to wait till July?!

Errol Stone has been a drunk for the past few years. He has tried to drown his sorrows with drink so he doesn't have to remember what happened. Nobody in the village thinks much of him so he is shocked and dismayed when he finds he has to leave with Martin (the priest), Luis (a reader), Cruk ( a Captain of the Watch), and Liam (another village boy). But during Errol's journey to Erinon, he starts to change and grow. His friends are shocked when they meet up with him a few months later.

Why is Errol the one the enemy keeps trying to assassin? Why is he so important? Nobody can figure out why least of all Errol. Everybody he considers a friend seems to have so many secrets. What do they all what with him?

I was given this book free as long as I review it.

No comments: