Sunday, January 06, 2013

Contemporary Fiction Review

Secretly Smitten was really good!!! I've kinda given up on good contemporary fiction so I was pleasantly surprised with these four novellas by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter. The stories are set in quaint Smitten, Vermont and are about three sisters and their mom, Anna.

The first novella starts off with David Hutchins dog tags found in the attic of Grandma Rose. But David Hutchins died in the Korean War so how had his dog tags showed up in the attic? Imagine the women's surprise when they found out their Grandma had loved David and thought he was lost to her forever. All the stories continue on with the mystery but with different main characters - Tess, Clare, Zoe, and their mom Anna. The stories were funny, sweet, and an easy read. Now I want to read the preceeding book, Smitten. :-)

I was given this book free as long as I review it.

No comments: