Tuesday, January 01, 2013

An Update

My blog has been changing into a book review blog apparently.  I do love books!!! ;-) But I'm also an artist and am wanting to paint some pics for my son's room! He turned 2 years old 2 months ago. Can you believe it?!?! I sure can't! All that to say I have to change his room into a big boy room. I'm turning it into an airplane room! Good idea considering we live on an airfield at this post. lol We hear planes and helicopters all the time.

So anyway, I am handicap and have thought that I would never be to able to drive. BUT three weeks ago I got my license! I still feel like it's all a dream. All the hard work and my fears about being a new driver with a child....  It's so much harder when you drive 12 years after the normal time frame! I mean I know the risks. I know that being a new driver is dangerous b/c you don't have experience. God was my anchor with this for sure. My verse was "For I have not given you the spirit of fear, but of power and of a sound mind."  I still hold on to that verse b/c it is scary being a new driver with a little child depending on you. Well, for me it is. lol But anyway, I'm so thankful that I can drive my baby around by myself!!!!!!! It is one of the coolest things ever. I can't drive far like to visit my family (they live a few hours away), but I can drive! I feel so independent now. God has given me so many blessings. Too many to count. :-)

I'm hoping to paint the pictures for my boy's room soon, and when I do I will be sure to post some pics. I got some cool ideas from pinterest with some different layout options. I'm still not sure how I will do it....

I'm almost finished with another Kelly Long book. I will be posting a review soon I'm sure. :-) Until then I hope you all have a Happy New Year!

No comments: