Monday, December 31, 2012

Amish Book Review

An Amish Kitchen has three novellas about three friends written by Beth Wiseman, Kelly Long, and Amy Clipston. I really enjoyed all three, but especially the last one by Beth Wiseman. The first two are about girls falling in love. I enjoyed Fern's story ("A Taste of Faith") more than Hannah's ("A Spoonful of Love"). I thought Hannah's was too slow, typical, and boring. But Eve's was so refreshing. I was just thinking how I wished there would be more stories of happily married couples and not always love/divorce stories. Imagine my surprise when "A Recipe for Hope" was just what I was hoping (hahaha!) for. It's about 38 year old Eve and how her mother and her don't get along well. It was such a good, sweet story. It made the book worth it for sure!!!

But one of the best parts of this book was all the recipes in the back fo the book! It even had natural remedies for different ailments because of Fern's story. I can't wait to try some of the recipes out!! I love to cook/bake so it should be a blast! I am definitely going to make the shoofly cupcakes. I know my husband will love those. :-)

I was given this book free as long as I review it.

No comments: