Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Review on an Anxiously Awaited Fantasy Book!!!

I was so excited to see Starflower as a book to review this month!!! I was so afraid I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones to review it! lol But I got it! I cannot say enough about this series. It's called The Tales of Goldstone Wood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl, and all her books have been done so brilliantly! The characters are so well-rounded and realistic, and the plots are great. I never know what to expect in her stories which is one reason why I love them so much! Being an avid reader it is always so refreshing to discover an author who weaves such captivating stories.

Starflower is the 4th in the series and is 1600 years before the first 3 books so you can read this before the others if you wanted.  Lady Gleamdren is one of the faerie folk of Rudiobus Mountain. She is kidnapped by a dragon witch from Etalpalli because she knows the secret of the Flowing Gold. Bard Eanrin and Captain Glomar both love Lady Gleamdren so they turn the rescue into a race - whoever rescues Gleamdren first will win the suit for her hand. So off they go! But Eanrin gets sidetracked when he finds a mortal girl stuck in the River's clutches. The River has sent Starflower into an enchanted sleep so begrudgingly he helps her out and ends up taking her with him to find Gleamdren.

Eanrin is surprised when Starflower ends up helping more than he imagined. And that he is attracted to a mere mortal in the first place! Will they be able to rescue Lady Gleamdren in time? And what about Starflower? What was she doing in the Wood Between in the first place?

Please try this author out!!! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :-)

I was given this book free as long as I review it.

No comments: