Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fantasy Book Review

When I checked my 4 books to review, I was immediately drawn to Moonblood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl.  The main reason is b/c it's fantasy, and I love a good fantasy book!!! I had never heard of this author before, and the very short synopsis didn't mention it was one in a series. Well, it's the third book in a series. And anybody who knows me knows I hate hate HATE to read books out of order. I had to read and review it so I reluctantly started to read it. lol Just so you all know, this is so not a stand alone book in a series!!! It immediately assumed you knew the characters backwards and forwards, and I felt so annoyed and lost. But I made myself keep reading. About 50 pages in I was starting to get into it and by 100 pages I was so in to it that I barely cared I read this series out of order. Needless to say I absolutely LOVED this book!!! Oh, and in case you were wondering, I requested the first 2 books in the series from the library. lol ;-) I am happily reading Heartless right now.

Moonblood is about Lionheart, the prince of Southlands, and Rose Red, a goblin. Lionheart had banished Rose Red to the worse place ever for her - into the Wood where her father has been looking for her for 20 years so he can move forward on his evil plans. Lionheart eventually goes after her, and throughout the book he tries not to be a coward. I thought it very interesting that she chose him as a main character - somebody who gives in to pressure and does the wrong thing and who is cowardly and betrays another friend, too. The book was even more satisfying b/c of that, I think. Her characters were realistic, and oh so interesting!!! Fantasy so easily has the main characters so good and perfect you start to roll your eyes. lol But not this one, thankfully!!! Plus, it's Christian fantasy so it teaches about forgivemess and how Christ can redeem the worst things.

You have to check this book/series out!

I was given this book free as long as I review it.



No comments: