Monday, May 31, 2010

Book Review

Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson is about 16 widows who traveled to Nebraska to get their own land. Once there they realized that the man in charge had tricked them! The man didn't bring them there to get their own land, he brought them to become wives!!! Eight woman decided to go on to the next stop where the men werewho paid to have a wife. The other eight remained behind, and the six main characters in the book decided to get their own land like they were going to in the first place. Of course, love blossomed for the girls, but they each had their own reasons why they did not want to get married again. Could they make it on the prairie and find love?

I was surprised that there would be five eyes I would be reading through throughout the book. I'm usually not a fan of books like that, but I never once hoped I could read more of one than the other. It was written so well and so seamlessly. I want a sequel! Stephanie Grace Whitson did it again. This is an excellent historical fiction book.

I got this book free from Bethany House as long as I review it.

No comments: