Thursday, April 01, 2010

Book Review

Never Say Never by Lisa Wingate is set around a hurricane hitting Texas. Their are two main characters, and they take turns with their side of the story every other chapter. I honestly would have liked it more if it was from one viewpoint, but it was still a great book. I've been through hurricanes before, but we never had to evacuate because we weren't that close to the beach. I could feel the frustration with the sloooowww drive and long waits for gas on the evacuation route. It was really well written.

Kai finds love in Daily, TX, and Donetta finds out what her husband really thinks of her. I liked how Lisa Wingate showed how women want to feel loved and cherished no matter the age or how long you have been married. People can learn and change at any age.

I got this book free from Bethany House.

No comments: