Sunday, March 14, 2010

Book Review

Hunter's Moon by Don Hoesol is about a man who go backs to his childhood home when his grandfather dies. A lot has happened in his life recently so he decided to stay there for a little while. But nothing but trouble and unanswered questions surrounded him.

This was not a good book. The only semi-good thing about this book was the plot. There were so many things I didn't like. One is that it is published as a Christian book, but there is nothing in that book that really screams out Christianity. There are only 4 pages out of the book where they even mention God. Before that, I think God was only mentioned a couple times. I think their excuse was that he had only been a Christian for a month. I'm sorry, but that is no excuse. I would have never guessed he was a Christian! He drank, went to the bar, cursed even though they didn't have the words in the book. That's pretty sad. I was disappointed in Bethany House for even publishing this book or at the very least not even trying to make this a Christian book! What is wrong with authors and publishers today?!

This book was given to me free from Bethany House as long as I review it.

No comments: