Friday, March 12, 2010

My First Fiction Review

Not a Sparrow Falls by Linda Nichols was another great! I've only read one of her books before this one so I had high expectations. She did not disappoint! You feel like you know her characters. They aren't just people on a page.

Mary Bridget Washburn aka "Bridie" turned her "friends" in to the law for making and selling meth. She ran away to Alexandria, VA where she worked in a grocery story for a year. Then Bridie got hired to be a nanny/housekeeper to a preacher's three kids. The eldest child is thirteen and deeply troubled about her mother's death two years ago. The twins are two and in desperate need of some tender loving care after being cared for by several other nannies throughout the years.

Bridie comes in and helps everyone including the pastor. Alasdair is also aching from his wife's death but in a way you would not expect. I don't want to say too much because I would spoil it for you! So go out and read it. She is a fabulous writer, and this is a wonderful read.

I recieved this book free from Bethany House.

I really really enjoyed this book. I will try to send it to you, Mom. You will love it!

No comments: