Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ocean Small World

I decided to make Josiah an ocean sensory box. It was the first time I've ever done a small world, and I can't wait to do more. Josiah loved it! His imagination was going to town. :-)

I used fake moss for the grass. I got it awhile ago during an Easter clearance. :-) I picked up a packet of mixed beans for the rocks and rounded some blue felt for the water. Then I made some trees from the spiky, sparkly pipe cleaners, and I was all set to add in the animals!




He was so excited when I told him I had something for him. He knows what that means! Some kind of sensory or craft thing is about to happen. haha It was the first time he saw the real looking animals. I got a tube of them for two bucks at the PX. I've had my eye on them for awhile and just couldn't resist it anymore. :-D


Investigating it.



He was telling them something... So cute!


The tree that came in the tube has to go, Mom. haha



Why didn't I think of that? The tree looks much better in the water.



One posed pic for Mommy.


My favorite picture. He just looks so happy. :-)



Some of the moss stuck to the felt, but I don't think Josiah will care so I'm going to bring it out again soon. :-)

No comments: