Monday, May 27, 2013

Disabled Tap Dancer

What do you do when you want to tap dance, but you are in a wheelchair?! Grab some shoes, of course! Josiah was carrying his shoes around and I said hey, let me show you something. I turned on my Fred and Ginger cd and started tapping to my favorite song, "Pick Yourself Up" from the movie, Swing Time. It was a BLAST! Josiah grabbed another pair of shoes and started tapping with me. I so wish it was on video! It was the most fun I've had in a while. :-D I know, I know I live a boring life, but I like my boring life! haha

Yesterday we did something similar with the Super Mario Theme Song that the London Philharmonic played. :-D Funny, right?! But anyway Josiah and I sat on the bed and tapped and clapped to it. It was awesome. Music just makes anybody happy! :-)

When I want to do something that isn't possible for me, I try to figure out a way to make it possible. It doesn't matter if it's exactly the same as before. What matters is that you don't stop living! Make new memories. Try things you never would have before. Find things to love that works with your health or your disability. There are times when I want so desperately to do certain things with Josiah, but my body just won't let me do them. I've learned to go to God as soon as I start getting sad and feeling inadequate because when I do God helps me enjoy the moment I'm in now! Not how I wish it to be, but what it is. There's so much freedom in that. I just need to remember it more often. lol It's a work in progress, and I'm so thankful God is there to help and lead me through all the different trials and struggles associated with being disabled.

Now time for some more music.... ;-)

No comments: