Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Book Review

In Every Heartbeat by Kim Vogel Sawyer is the second in a series about orphans. I have to say that I didn't enjoy the first book, but I absolutely LoVeD this one!!! It was so good and pulled me in at the very beginning! This book is about three friends who grew up in an orphanage together. They never got adopted so they were the first kids to graduate highschool and get scholarships for college.

Petey who was introduced in the first book is now 18 and wants to become a preacher. Libby wants to become a journalist so she can become well-known, and Bennet just wants to be something Pete can't be.

When Pete was 7, he got run over by a trolley when he was delivering newpapers and lost his leg. Now he has a peg leg, and Pete wants to find his parents and show them what forcing him out on his own did to him. He has been harboring anger and resentment toward them for years and wants to put it all behind him.
Whereas Bennet wants somewhere to belong, and Libby is mad that she never got adopted.

I would highly recommend this book. The characters are engaging and real. You won't be able to put it down!

I was given this book free from Bethany House as long as I review it.

No comments: