Friday, April 04, 2014

Review: Not Your Typical Dragon



Not Your Typical Dragon by Dan Bar-el is one of the best books picture books I've read to my son. I don't normally write reviews on children's books, but this book deserved one. It was full of surprises, and it had my three year old son giggling almost every time we turned the page. There's nothing better than that!

This story is about a dragon named Crispin who is celebrating his seventh birthday, and as everyone knows, when you turn seven you finally get to breathe fire! But something different happens with Crispin when he tries to breathe fire...

Every time the dragon breathed something out that wasn't fire, my son lost it. It was just the funniest thing to him! And to be honest, to me too. I was as surprised as my son when whipped cream came out instead of fire! Talk about silly and so perfect for little kids.

I loved the bright, fun pictures and thought they captured the story perfectly. If your child is anything like mine, he will ask for it again and again and again. So hurry and run to the library or store and prepare for a gigglefest tonight. Trust me, you won't regret it!

Author's Website

Not Your Typical Dragon

No comments: