Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review: Goddess Tithe

Goddess Tithe by Anne Elisabeth Stengl is set in The Tales of Goldstone Wood series. What makes this novella different from her other books is that it is illustrated by the author. I loved being able to see how she views her characters! If you haven't read any of her books, you can still read this story. And for all you fans of the series, this book is set during Veiled Rose. I wasn't expecting to read about Leonard so that was a nice surprise!

Munny, a cabin boy, is learning the ropes on his first sea voyage. When a stowaway is discovered on board, everyone expects the Captain to throw him overboard to fulfill the laws of the sea. But when he doesn't, fear grips everyone. Captain Sunan tasks Munny with keeping an eye on the foreigner. As Munny works alongside Leonard, he can't help but be drawn to him. Can the Captain really save the stowaway from Risafeth? Come join the crew in this tale of a sea monster who exacts a heavy penalty on those who cross her.

I really enjoyed this little tale, but I was left wanting to hear more about Munny! Who is he really?! I'm hoping we will hear more about him in later novellas or books. :-) Another masterfully written tale, and I don't know about you, but Shadow Hand can't get here soon enough for me!

No comments: