Friday, June 07, 2013

Review: Dragonwitch

I can not even tell you how excited I was that I got approved to read Dragonwitch!!! It's the fifth book in "The Tales of Goldstone Wood", and I'm already super excited for the sixth book! To say I love Anne Elisabeth Stengl's books is a gross understatement. haha Seriously, though this is one of the best fantasy series I have ever read. If you haven't read any of her books, you need to buy them or check them out of the library because I'm telling you, you won't regret it! The descriptions, the cultures, the whole world is so different, and it entranced me from the very beginning. I just love the unique twists she puts on things. On to the review. :-)

Lady Leta of Aiven has never met her betrothed, Lord Alistair who is the future king of Castle Gaheris. She journeys to the castle as per her father's command, and once there realizes they would never be a good match. When she meets the castle Chronicler, she finds herself inexplicably drawn to him. But behind his gruffness, sorrow and myriad insecurities battle for supremacy. Who is the Chronicler really?

Alistair has been having horrible nightmares and has been unable to rest because of them. As he battles with his sanity, a gate begans to open between the faeries and mortals that lets in horrible creatures. They come seeking only one thing - the rightful heir.

Starflower is back in her homeland again, but this time her country is ruled by what the people call the goddess but is really the dragonwitch. For years the dragonwitch has been searching for Etanun's sword, and she is determined to secure it before it can kill her a third and final time.

Of course, Eanrin is in this book, too. ;-) His character is too funny, and he keeps me wanting to read. If you have read the other four books, then this book won't disappoint you! It is still as adventurous and engaging as ever. And if this is the first book you've read in this series, you'll fall in love with her mythical, magical lands. I was eagerly turning the pages to see how all of the conflict was going to be resolved. I love the well-rounded, realistic characters, and the addition of more new characters alongside Starflower and Eanrin. But I have to say... I really what to know when those two are going to get together!!! And the characters from Moonblood, too. Maybe soon. :-)

I was given this book free from NetGalley as long as I review it. I am not required to give a positive review.

*Dragonwitch will be available July 15th!*




No comments: