Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: A Sapphire Season

Image result for a sapphire season

A Sapphire Season by Lynn Morris is a very well done Regency novel, and I must say I loved the close connection the daughter had with her parents. Now I'm dying to read her other Regency novel!

Mirabella Tirel, the daughter of a marquess, is finally ready to get married so she decides to announce her intention to someone who can spread the word right at the beginning of the season. Immediately, she has three very good prospects. But as she examines them, she begins to wonder if she made a terrible mistake.

Giles Knyvet, lifelong friend to Lady Mirabella, keeps his mouth shut when Bella broadcasts her goal of marriage to everyone in polite society. Wishing his situation was different so that he could marry her, he decides to back off while she searches for her life partner. But will he be able to withstand seeing her with someone else?

I was incredibly happy to read a novel from this time period where the main character is kind with parents who love her instead of trying to sell her off to the highest bidder. I found it refreshing since the majority of stories are written the other way. Plus, I connected more to the story and it's characters because there wasn't this huge drama. Also, the banter was perfect for that time period. It transported me back in time, but then left me bereft when I was finished. Now I have to watch some Jane Austen movies to make up for it. What a chore... ;-) I definitely recommend this to any Regency fans.

I was given this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

No comments: